Non-classical logics – such as modal logics, conditional logics, intuitionistic logic, description logics, temporal logics, linear logic, dynamic logic, fuzzy logic, paraconsistent logic, relevance logic – have many applications in AI, Computer Science, Philosophy, Linguistics and Mathematics. Hence, the automation of proof search in these logics is a crucial task.
Aims and Scope
The ARQNL workshop aims at fostering the development of proof calculi, automated theorem proving systems and model finders for all sorts of quantified non-classical logics. The workshop will provide a forum for researchers to present and discuss recent developments in this area. The contributions may range from theory to system descriptions and implementations. Contributions may also outline relevant applications, describe problem formalizations, example problems, and benchmarks. We welcome contributions from computer scientists, linguists, philosophers, and mathematicians.
Topics of the ARQNL workshop will cover all aspects related to the mechanization and automation of quantified non-classical logics, including but not limited to:
- Proof theory, semantics, meta theory, and cut-elimination
- Proof search calculi, including sequent calculi, tableau calculi, connection calculi, resolution calculi, and instance-based calculi
- Modal logic, conditional logic, intuitionistic logic, description logic, temporal logic, linear logic, multivalued logic, dynamic logic, fuzzy logic, paraconsistent logic, relevance logic, free logic, and natural logic
- Techniques, strategies and heuristics to deal with first-order or higher-order quantification
- Implementation of theorem provers and experimental evaluations
- Problem libraries and benchmarking for theorem provers
- Applications, formalizations, and example problems
- User interfaces, proof representation, and syntax issues
ARQNL 2016 will be part of the International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning IJCAR 2016 in Coimbra, Portugal.
23 July 2014, Vienna, Austria
(part of IJCAR 2014).
Proceedings: ARQNL 2014. Automated Reasoning in Quantified Non-Classical Logics. EPiC Series in Computing, Volume 33, EasyChair, 2015.